Video Conferencing Installation Technician
Company: New Era Technology
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Be more than just an employee. Join New Era's growing team and
experience a corporate culture that promotes personal and
professional development. We are looking for team members to
contribute to and deliver our mission to "securely connect people,
places , and information in a rapidly changing digital world ."
Work alongside the finest team of highly skilled and
industry-certified professionals who are encouraged to drive change
and think outside of the box. As a team member, you will receive
competitive benefits, industry training, and certifications. New
Era Technology is a global IT integrator with 1,500+ employees
delivering Collaboration, Cloud, Data Networking, Security, Large
Venue , and Corporate AV and Managed Service Solutions to more than
7 ,500 customers. The AV installation Technician will be
responsible for the installation, maintenance, and service of
professional audio, video, control systems professional lighting,
and electronic equipment, as related to Systems Integration
Industry. The Associate is responsible for completing projects in
the most efficient and effective manner. All work must meet the
highest quality standards set forth by the Company, while assuring
a professional and safe working environment.PRIMARY DUTIES:
- Responsible for reading and understanding Systems Integration
- Must understand wiring diagrams, schematics, and
- Custom fabrication and termination of cabling rack prep,
multi-pins and electronic equipment racks as related to integration
of professional, audio, video, lighting and computer-controlled
- Responsible for knowledge and operation of the following test
equipment: volt/ohm meter.
- Work with spectrum-analyzer, multi-meter, and impedance meter,
general hand tools and an assortment of wall fasteners.
- Assist with preventive maintenance of external and internal
- Must respond to all customer service-related issues
- Responsible for accurate service installation tickets, and
- Achieve working knowledge of Company software and work within
software system on a day-to-day basis.
- Work in a safe, positive manner showing respect to others and
contributing to the team.
- Fully comply with Company and customer safety programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable
and well organized.
- Superior customer service skills to deal with both internal and
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse
- Proficiency in the use of pc or Apple computers including
programs such as MS Office.
- Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing and implementing
skills which allow the successful completion of a project by a
specific due date.
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations.
- Must be able to read and effectively interpret general business
- Associate is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside
activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
- Valid and current driver's license. Physical DemandsIn order to
perform the essential functions of this job the Associate must have
the ability to stand on a concrete floor for long periods and lift
and/or move equipment at least 60-pounds on a repetitive basis. The
candidate must be able to lift equipment and construction supplies
from floor height to over-head while loading/unloading trucks or
preparing equipment for installations, service calls, and events.
Candidate must have the ability to climb and work (stack, adjust,
and repair) at heights in excess of 25' before/during installations
and job sites. EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 3-5 years' experience in AV, security, or electrical
- Preferred but not required - CTS certification QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.LANGUAGE SKILLS: EnglishWORK ENVIRONMENT: work is
conducted in shop, on construction sites, in finished spaces, and
outdoors as required.EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK: typical work hours are
7:00am to 3:30pm however, other shifts including weekends and
overtime are often required to meet deadlines and accommodate
client needs.TRAVEL: some out of town travel to client location. -
provided by Dice
Keywords: New Era Technology, Indianapolis , Video Conferencing Installation Technician, Professions , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!