Company: Avery Dennison
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Production Operator - Nights
- 870 Anderson Blvd, Greenfield, IN 46140, USA
About Avery Dennison
Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials
science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a
wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company's
products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include
pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications;
tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and
retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel;
and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail
apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California,
the company employs more than 32,000 employees in more than 50
countries. Reported sales in 2020 were $7.0 billion. Learn more
**Starting wage for this position is $19.54/ hr + $1.00/ hr shift
**Ideal candidates will have the ability and flexibility to work
2nd shift (2pm-10pm), 3rd shift (2pm-10pm), and/ or rotating
12-hour night shifts (6pm-6am).**
The Production Operator is responsible for leading machine set ups
and changeovers, problem-solving making decisions on machine
adjustments, inspecting and packaging finished products to customer
specifications and/ or operating various coating or finishing
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities
Essential functions may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform routine set-up and change over of machine
- Run orders per product specifications and standard practices.
This may include sorting, labeling, and packaging products per
customer specifications, quality requirements, and standard
- Maintain work area with necessary supplies to complete
- Perform tests and check products routinely for multiple
characteristics using standard measuring devices and making some
judgments against not readily measurable standards. Routine checks
may include inspecting the general appearance of the
- Meet production schedules and program production sequences for
- Follow standard operating procedures and specifications or
instructions of higher level technical personnel and monitor
meters, gauges, valves, flow ratios, temperatures, pressures, and
related controls and guidelines to ensure adherence to
- Report any malfunctions or abnormalities and make minor
adjustments and repairs to equipment.
- Maintain production records and logs of equipment and product
- Adjust set up and process operations accordingly.
- Follow all health, safety, and housekeeping procedures,
policies and practices and consistently work in a safe manner with
regard to self, co-workers, and manufacturing systems.
- Understand and implement the quality standard
- Participate in group problem-solving teams and continuous
- Communicate and coordinate necessary information to appropriate
shift/department personnel to ensure effective operations
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous manufacturing experience preferred
- Must be able to follow written and oral instruction.
- Must regard safety as a core value; must serve as a role model
for other employees and encourage adherence to safety practices,
policies and procedures.
- Must have strong service and quality focus; address issues
effectively when problems arise and take initiative to understand
root cause, then communicate / educate the team in a timely
- Must be able to actively contribute in a team based
environment; encourage open communication and positive interaction
with peers and management to effectively reach a common
- Must demonstrate proficiency in essential tasks of the job and
a willingness to learn and share knowledge; must take initiative to
cross-train and sustain acquired skills.
- Must have demonstrated a record of flexibility and
dependability in order to support production and customer
- Must be able and willing to work overtime, including
- Must demonstrate proficiency with computer applications,
especially strong Oracle transactional skills.
- Must be able to obtain Forklift Operator's license.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran
status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your
information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Reasonable Accommodations Notice
If you require accommodations to view or apply for a job,
alternative methods are available to submit an application. Please
contact (440) 534-6080 or to discuss reasonable accommodations.
Keywords: Avery Dennison, Indianapolis , Production Operator, Professions , Greenfield, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!