Driver Check in Associate
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Company: US0038 Sysco Indianapolis, LLCZip Code:46268Minimum Level
of Education:High School or EquivalentMinimum Years of Experience:1
YearEmployment Type:Full TimeTravel Percentage: 0JOB SUMMARYThis is
a finance position responsible for checking in drivers who have
completed their routes by performing product counts, compiling and
maintaining records of quantity, type, and value of the material,
equipment, merchandise. Also responsible for inspecting all
products returns and documenting appropriate information for
efficient processing of items.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Check-in drivers who have completed their routes by verifying
product returned, customers signed the invoice and possible missed
deliveries; account for pallets, totes and other company property
- Identify missed collections and notify Credit Services.
- Ensure food safety protocols were followed on the return and
coordinate with Food Safety personnel for issues.
- Assure all delivery exceptions are noted on the invoice and/or
delivery exception report.
- Inspect returned products to determine restocking
appropriateness or deciding if the customer warrants the
- Decide and adjust as needed the appropriate reason code on
invoice to provide efficient processing; code damaged or inferior
products with the appropriate damage code and write the code on the
- Separate and stage for return processing all products, and
count the returned items to ensure quantities match the quantity
written on the return sheet and invoices.
- List overage on the return sheet following the "available
stock/warehouse location" report to re-enter the product into the
inventory system as soon as possible.QUALIFICATIONSEducation
- High school degree or equivalent.Experience
- 1 year of pallet jack and/or forklift experience.Professional
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of
- Must have exemplary listening skills to facilitate effective
two- way communication.
- Can add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Solid problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.The above
information on this description has been designed to indicate the
general nature and level of work performed by associates within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates
assigned to this job.To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of
knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.BENEFITS INFORMATION:In the coming weeks, you
will receive information in the mail confirming your benefits
eligibility and the enrollment process. In the meantime, you may
visit https://syscobenefits.com/ to learn more.HOW WE PROTECT OUR
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
OVERVIEW:Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution.
With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles,
Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide
and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.We offer our
associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally,
to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to
serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're
looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team.
Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of
food and service.AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:Applicants must be
currently authorized to work in the United States.We are proud to
be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and
consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed,
religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other
protected factor under federal, state or local law.This opportunity
is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and
Keywords: Sysco, Indianapolis , Driver Check in Associate, Professions , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!