Patient Care Technician, FT-Days, Beltway Surgery Center - Multispecialty
Company: System Clinical Services
Posted on: November 22, 2021
OverviewAs a bedside caregiver, IU Health is seeking a Patient
Care Technician (also known as a Patient Care Assistant or PCA) who
will provide a phenomenal patient experience by anticipating the
needs of patients such as providing drinks, assisting with meal
ordering, encouraging walking, assisting with baths, and providing
clean linens and gowns.Our PCA's have compassion for our patients,
a caring bedside manner, and an ability to work in a fast paced
environment. They will provide clinical assistance to the bedside
RN by obtaining vital signs and reporting abnormalities or changes
in a patient's behavior to the primary RN or charge nurse in order
to detect and provide rapid treatment. A PCA always keeps patients
safe by utilizing safety measures such as gait belts, bed and chair
alarms, and staying within arm's reach of patients when moving
around. If you are seeking a role where you can provide meaningful
care to IU Health patients, we want to hear from you.As part of an
award winning hospital system, our roles include:
- Outstanding benefit package for part time and full time
- Competitive pay
- Development opportunities & tuition reimbursementRequirements
- Requires current Basic Life Support certification through the
AHA or attainment at the completion of the IU Health PCA education
program. Other advanced life support certifications may be required
per unit/department specialty according to patient care
- Requires knowledge of care appropriate to the age and
developmental level of the patients served.
- Requires up to date knowledge of procedures and standards
related to patient care activities.
- Requires proficiency in interpersonal and communication
- Requires constant mental awareness and the ability to withstand
a high level of tension and stress.
- Requires ability to maintain concentration when subjected to
frequent and varied interruptions and variable noise levels.
- Requires ability to exercise judgment and initiative in the
resolution of problems encountered.
- Requires ability to set priorities and manage a high workload
within a limited time for completion.
- Requires knowledge of procedures; equipment; software and
standards related to patient care activities that non-licensed role
performs (for example PCA/PCR/PCI).
- Requires knowledge of principles of infection control.
- Requires ability to perform physically demanding; repetitious
- Requires ability to read and perform basic math.
- Requires ability to organize tasks and attend to details.
- Requires knowledge of principles of good personal hygiene and
aseptic techniques to prevent infection of patients; self; and
others.We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and
inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age,
disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin,
gender identity and/or expression, marital status, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will
ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable
accommodation to participate in the job application or interview
process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other
benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request
Keywords: System Clinical Services, Indianapolis , Patient Care Technician, FT-Days, Beltway Surgery Center - Multispecialty, Professions , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!