Company: Waste Management
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Minority/Female/Disability/VeteranWaste Management (WM), a Fortune
250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and
environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed
to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and
financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in
residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets
throughout North America through a network of collection
operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and
waste-based energy production projects.I. Job Summary
Supports WMSS onsite program, including manual labor associated
with drum movements within the facility, drum bulking, drum
crushing, assisting when extra personnel are needed, and other
duties as assigned. This is an entry level, non-supervisory
position focused on hazardous and non-hazardous waste related
projects.II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be
- Identify best practices that assist customers in reducing waste
volumes, increasing operational efficiencies, identifying optimal
equipment usage and generating cost savings.
- Segregate, label, mark and package waste materials in a safe
and compliant manner.
- Collect, pour, transfer, consolidate, repackage and package
solid, liquid & sludge material.
- Perform labor intensive activities such as container or drum
collection, drum bulking, sorting trash for recyclables, and
loading of trucks.
- Transfer waste into containers of different size.
- Provide labor support at 90 Day Hazardous Waste Pad, when
- May provide support or direction to less experienced
- Wears required personal protective equipment.
- Participates and cooperates in safety process, including
following written procedures, attending required training and
- Immediately reports any unsafe conditions, incidents, injuries
or property damage to supervisor.
- Follows Environmental and Quality Management System (ISO
14001/9001) policy, procedures, and operational controls related to
- Maintains compliance with applicable environmental, safety and
transportation regulations (EPA, OSHA, and DOT).III. Supervisory
This job has no supervisory duties.IV. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the
qualifications necessary to perform the job.A. Education and
- Education: High school diploma or G.E.D (accredited).
- Experience: No previous experience (in addition to education
requirement).B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other
- Pre-assignment and/or pre-hire customer-specific drug and/or
alcohol testing may be required by certain customer-contract
requirements. Such testing may include urinalysis, oral swab, drug
hair follicle testing and/or alcohol testing.
- To comply with customer requirements and in compliance with
applicable regulations, all workers must be fully vaccinated for
COVID-19 to access the site. Vaccination requirements may be
updated to comply with changing environmental, health and safety
regulations and customer requirements.
- Hazwoper Certification preferred
- Forklift experience preferred
- Must be able to obtain CDL w/ Hazmat Endorsement within 6
months of hireC. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Must be able to work independently with little direction, and
as a member of a team.V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and
work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such
as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects up to 30
pounds most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects up to 50
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as
cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) most of the work
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves
dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of
- Ability to perform tasks in inclement weather.Note: The level
of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be
greater or lesser than documented here.Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive
total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase
Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive
Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that
benefits may vary by site.If this sounds like the opportunity that
you have been looking for, please click "Apply.
Keywords: Waste Management, Indianapolis , Environmental Technician, Professions , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!