Material Handler 2nd shift
Company: Campbell Arnott
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are
the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which
achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
* Receives, stores, picks and distributes material and products
within establishment by performing the Essential Job Duties.
Essential Job Duties:
* Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping
order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or
* Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to
storage or to other designated areas.
* Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins
according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style,
color, or product code.
* Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, or
other stock items and distributes items to production areas.
* Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on
* Marks materials with identifying information.
* Opens bales, crates, and other containers.
* Records amounts of materials or items received or
* Weighs or counts items for distribution within plant to ensure
conformance to company standards.
* Uses computer to enter records.
* Drives material handling equipment to transport stored items
within the warehouse.
* Loads and unloads trailers of palletized and non-palletized
product. Utilizes manual and automated material handling
* Prepares and takes a cycle count inventory of all merchandise;
records count on cycle count sheets.
* Practices and adheres to appropriate safety and hygiene
guidelines/procedures for safe housekeeping and personal
protection; keeps work area clean; stores supplies in designated
areas; keeps work area aisles/exits clear and free from
obstructions; removes trash from work area floor; follows
instructions for safe lifting/carrying of various sizes, shapes,
and weights; identifies/reports defective equipment; reports all
job-related injuries to supervision.
* May perform other duties as required.
* Mandatory overtime may be required.
* Supports and participates in Continuous Improvement initiatives
including 5S (sort, set, shine, standardize, and sustain).
Scope of Responsibility:
* No supervisory or budgetary responsibility.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
* Attention to detail.
* Ability to pass basic math skills test.
* Ability to multitask.
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
* Capable of obtaining Forklift certification.
Education and Experience
* High School Diploma or GED; or equivalent combination of
education and experienced required. Previous experience with Oracle
or similar based WMS system; a minimum of 1 year experience in a
warehouse position; previous forklift experience is preferred
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from
discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal
law. Click here for additional information.
Keywords: Campbell Arnott, Indianapolis , Material Handler 2nd shift, Professions , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!