Company: 619 Recruiting
Posted on: May 16, 2022
JOB DESCRIPTION - CONSTRUCTION ESTIMATOR - What is needed in
- Bachelor Degree in Construction Management or similar
- Minimum of two years' related experience or an equivalent
combination of education, training and/or experience
- Thorough knowledge of construction cost, estimating and
- Strong communication, both oral and written
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced environment
- Sharp analytical skills - Other responsibilities (Overview):
- Preparing complete quantity take-offs, analysis, estimate, and
studies for all items incorporated in the assigned scope.
- Performing a constructability analysis through the
identification of design and constructability issues.
- Developing a value analysis by defining alternatives to the
proposed scope that are more cost-efficient.
- Serving as liaison with subcontractors, design team
(architects, engineers, consultants) and client.
- Preparing detailed estimate of entire scope of assigned trades,
building system, and/or overall project cost.
- Preparing and assembling bids and proposals for different
contract types (Lump Sum, Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP), Cost
- Analyzing existing site conditions and all contract documents
(plans specifications, etc.) to determine any required scope that
is not indicated.
- Preparing scope requisitions for assigned trades; coordinating
with fellow estimators to eliminate scope gaps and overlaps.
- Working with Operations staff and fellow estimators to ensure
that General Conditions and General Requirement items are properly
addressed in the estimate.
- Obtaining and evaluating subcontractor proposals relative to
their scope of work. Determining if scope is covered and managing
risk of scope gaps.
- Making recommendations to the Chief Estimator and Client for
- Supervising Assistant Estimating Engineers, Estimating
Assistants and/or Interns as assigned. - - What can you expect?
- Competitive salary/package
- Healthcare benefits, sick pay If you are a Construction
Estimator please apply now! Only local candidates will be
considered for this role.
Keywords: 619 Recruiting, Indianapolis , Commercial Estimator, Professions , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!