Sr. HRIS Analytics Consultant - Oracle HCM Fusion Cloud (Remote)
Company: Office Depot
Posted on: June 25, 2022
The Sr. HRIS Analytics Consultant will act as an internal
consultant to identify strategic business requirements for
developing HR statistical and analytical reporting; conduct needs
analysis for Key Performance Reporting requirements to support HR
Operating Plan initiatives; designs and oversees the
standardization of HR data reports and queries; and maintain a Data
Dictionary. This role will have a key role in HR Reporting/Analysis
projects of significant complexity; designing and executing HR
Systems quality assurance audits; and recommending, designing,
developing and presenting HR data reporting for use by managers,
and strategic KPIs and Performance Reports for use by Executive
Committee members, Global Officer Coalition members, and the HR
Leadership team. This person will also provide analytical support
to the HR Leadership team in the planning, projected ROI and proof
of concept analysis for major HR initiatives. In addition to
managing the use and distribution of Office Depot's HR Data, this
position will be the point of contact for internal use of HR Data,
and will be responsible for reviewing data requests to ensure that
the use of any data is in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley
requirements. This position will manage the PeopleSoft HR system
role security, and will review, draft and present HR Data Security
SOX control narratives for approval by the Manager, Sr. HRIM. The
Manager, HR Data and Analysis will also work with internal and
external auditors to pull and review information as needed to
complete HR Data audits.Primary Responsibilities:
- Leads the detailed analysis of the impact, efficiency and
effectiveness of major global HR activities and HR Operating Plan
initiatives as measured by key performance indicators. With analyst
team, creates high-level executive interpretive summaries of HR
activity analysis for use by Office Depot Executives.
- Designs and develops HR management reporting and strategic KPI
reporting tools. Oversees processes for use by mid-level managers
to plan for, track and evaluate HR activities and by senior
leadership to evaluate the success of strategic HR activities and
make decisions about the deployment of HR capital.
- Leads team in the selection and prioritization of internal and
external HR data in conducting research projects to evaluate the
effectiveness and impact of leading edge global HR practices and to
correlate them to actual business results. Develops and presents
executive summaries of findings with recommendations for applying
knowledge of practices evaluated to Office Depot's
- Acts as an internal consultant and Subject matter expert on
statistical analysis, utilization reporting and various reporting
techniques for HR data. Examples include Diversity reporting,
Engagement Survey reporting, Retention and tenure reporting,
Selection tool utilization analysis, etc.
- Primary point of contact for business area and HR Leadership
team requests for standardized global HR data reporting design (not
necessarily for assistance with individual HR data queries).
- Maintains data integrity in HR systems through developing and
implementing HR system quality assurance audit processes for use by
HR Analysts and Auditors. Summarize reporting, highlight risks,
actionable data and make recommendations for process changes and
- Responsible for working with other business areas (i.e. , Store
Operations, Finance, Legal, IT) and other HR department analysts to
ensure that HR data is obtained, utilized and stored appropriately
and that company metrics use consistent criteria for the reporting
of HR data (for example to ensure that Turnover and Retention is
measured the same way).
- Responsible for managing and controlling PeopleSoft HR role
security design, requests for access through the Web Access Request
Tool, and through team, conducting quarterly or otherwise required
audits to ensure that HR system access is granted only to those
currently authorized to have a particular role or roles. Works
closely with the Manager, Sr. HRIM Manager and Director, Compliance
(and other Compliance and Internal Audit staff) to review, modify,
create or change SOX control narratives.
- Conducts projects to support the organization such as Annual
Query Maintenance, Quarterly Access Audits, PeopleSoft Query
Training, PeopleSoft Query Guide and others as required.
- Provides leadership and guidance to HR Analysts regarding HR
Data reporting and KPI standards and criteria. Is primary point
person for HR reporting requests from the Operating
Committee.Education and Experience:Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Area of Study: Business orientation; HR, Finance,
- Strong hands-on experience in Fusion Extracts, OTBI Reports, BI
Publisher, Oracle Analytics Cloud, Data Warehousing, and Data
- Five to eight years of experience in a large corporate
environment performing moderately complex to very complex employee
and/or customer activity analysis and research, using qualitative
and quantitative measurement and data collection design principles
in HR, Finance, or Marketing.
- Exposure and involvement in System roles security is a strong
- Prior project leadership experience is a strong
- At least three to five years of experience working directly in
or closely collaborating with an HR function is a requirement.
- Special Certifications or Technical Skills:
- PHR/SPHR/Global SPHR certification preferred
- Practical work-related application, education and/or
certification in statistical analysis is required.Information
- Experience with large project management and system
implementation is preferred.
- Must be able to work immediately with online applications and
systems, and be capable of quickly learning new applications as a
"super-user", for example Cognos or Hyperion reporting systems, SAS
analytical reporting software, PeopleSoft HR or Finance query
writing and reporting tools, etc.Technical Competencies:
- Must possess knowledge of organizational development, change
management and quality assurance principles.
- Must have a strong understanding of HR processes and data to
ensure correct interpretation of data and implementation of
- Must possess a strong understanding of HRIM database structure,
functions and processes, and experience with database tools.
- Experience with HR systems like PeopleSoft, SAP, or Lawson is
highly desirable. Must have a thorough "advanced" understanding of
MS Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint tools.
- Will have responsibility for producing executive summaries and
analysis of global HR data; must be able to work effectively with
HR system experts in each country in which Office Depot operates
and understand the legal and procedural requirements for the use of
HR data.Skills and Ability:
- Must possess very effective organizational and interpersonal
skills including written and verbal communications and presentation
- Needs to be able to influence decisions and negotiate
commitments very effectively at all levels of the organization
- Must have proven project management, follow-through and
personal organization skills.
- Must have very strong analytical skills and the ability to take
complex information and put it into a simple Executive Summary
format; must be able to understand and anticipate Executive need
for appropriate level of information and detail. - Must be able to
prioritize conflicting objectives.
- Must be able to translate strategic objectives into strategic
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information that
is global is scope.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects concurrently with
little or no direct supervision and inspire confidence in the
quality of work.
- Must be able to lead, train and supervise exempt
- Must be able to work with highly confidential data and
information, with the utmost personal and professional
- Must have a high degree of organizational savvy and practical
"street smarts" in working with and transferring HR data and
information within the organization.
- Must possess a high level of emotional maturity and
self-awareness when presenting or receiving information that may be
subject to re-interpretation or critiquing.
- Needs to quickly understand the "big picture" implications of
HR information or an idea or proposal.Other/Preferred: Ability to
provide project management leadership and direction to other
Keywords: Office Depot, Indianapolis , Sr. HRIS Analytics Consultant - Oracle HCM Fusion Cloud (Remote), Professions , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!