Plant Manager - High Speed Packaging (Food)
Company: Provision People
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionSummary:Our award-winning client in the CPG
industry is seeking a Plant Manager with a strong High-Speed
Packaging background, ideally in Food or Beverages, to join their
team. This position will report to the Vice President,
- Plan, organize, and direct the daily plant operating
requirements sufficient to meet and exceed operating metrics as
defined for a three-shift operation.
- Initiate plans and processes which minimize manufacturing costs
through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities,
materials, and capital. Assure attainment of business objectives
and production schedules while ensuring product standards meet or
exceed customer expectations.
- Review daily departmental and plant-wide financial performance
and other performance data to measure productivity and goal
achievement and determine best course of action to countermeasure
- Assist with the organization's financial and budgeting
activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase
- Manage staff, prepare work schedules, and assign specific
- Encourage use of innovative productivity techniques and focus
on fact-based problem-solving.
- Establish group and individual accountability throughout
assigned departments for problem-solving and cost reduction, both
on a permanent and ad-hoc basis, depending on need.
- Establish and implement departmental policies, goals,
objectives, and procedures, conferring with senior management and
staff members as necessary.
- Determine staffing requirements and improve manpower
utilization within existing departments and processes.
- Continually improve safety records by addressing physical
safety issues and employee safety attitudes. Maintain and improve
housekeeping in all areas. Required Qualifications:
- 5+ years of Plant Manager experience.
- High-Speed Packaging in a Consumer Packaged Goods, or Food /
Beverage experience required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, Food Science, or a
technical field is required.
- 10 years of increasingly responsible manufacturing experience,
at least 5 years which must be in the food industry.
- 6+ years of direct production management experience.
- Requires high-speed packaging experience for Aseptic
manufacturing experience for liquid processing.
- Plant output responsibility in excess of $200MM.
- Demonstrated leadership of safety initiatives.
- Demonstrated track record leading the improvement of operations
while delivering day-to-day performance.
- Familiarity with the operations of all plant departments:
production, quality, maintenance, materials management,
controllership, human resources, etc.
- Participative management style and excellent organizational and
- Demonstrated experience building a strong operations team.
- Comfortable working with a highly complex portfolio mix with
several diverse manufacturing technologies.
- Strong business acumen and working knowledge of process control
and improvement tools.
- Comfortable working with multiple systems including ERP,
Windows suite, etc.
Keywords: Provision People, Indianapolis , Plant Manager - High Speed Packaging (Food), Professions , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!