Inventory Control Associate
Company: Best Choice Products
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionPosition: Inventory Control Associate Location:
Indianapolis, INFLSA Status: Full-time/Non-ExemptCompensation:
$20.00 per hour, plus overtime and benefits Scope of the RoleThe
Inventory Control Associate will work closely with the Inventory
Lead to analyze inventory discrepancies and conduct scheduled and
unscheduled cycle counts. Reporting StructureThe Inventory Control
Associate is a key member of the Warehouse Operations Team and
reports to the Inventory Control Lead. This position also partners
with key cross-functional leaders and its key members. Essential
Functions & Key Responsibilities
- Review and interpret documents pertaining to safety, operating
and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals as needed.
- Manage inventory cycle counts and physical inventory programs
within two warehouses.
- Conduct cycle counts and reconciliation activities at random
selection part numbers and/or locations as needed.
- Assist with leading, motivating and holding teams of associates
accountable for assisting with inventory process including all
staff members related to inventory functions.
- Collaborate with receiving and shipping departments to identify
problems and suggest process improvements with existing and new
- Compile, verify and report period KPIs to management as
- Assist in development of ad-hoc projects and make suggestions
for process improvement to appropriate team members as needed.
- Oversee and ensure compliance to inventory processes and
procedures are meeting contractual obligations.
- Perform counts accurately and efficiently.
- Search additional likely locations when a loss has been
- Assist with cycle adjustments in the Inventory System.
- Help in defining root cause for inaccuracies.
- Review Inventory movements for proper transactions.
- Assist in completing necessary paperwork as directed.
- Communicate inventory errors with Management.
- Operate Cherry Picker equipment as needed to validate
- Conduct all activities in a safe manner.
- Conduct daily/weekly routine reports and correspondence.
- Cross-functional and collaborative communication within
warehouse and corporate headquarters.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Qualifications & Required
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 1+ year of recent experience in an inventory cycle
counting role within the manufacturing, production, or distribution
- Excellent attendance required; must be able to work on a
regular and predictable basis or as schedule due to changes in the
business needs and/or during peak season.
- Able to sufficiently read and comprehend freight
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to walk or stand for long periods of time and walk the
distribution center and surrounding areas as needed.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication
- Must have proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite
and job-related software.
- Experience in Reach and Forklift equipment, a plus.
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment with variable noise
levels, lighting conditions and temperature variation.
Keywords: Best Choice Products, Indianapolis , Inventory Control Associate, Professions , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!