Production Supervisor, Fresh Connect Central
Company: Gleaners Food Bank Of I
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job Description Gleaners Food Bank of Indiana is the state's
largest hunger relief organization and one of the leading food
banks in the Feeding America Network. In additional to vital hunger
relief programs in our 21-county service area, we also operate
Fresh Connect Central, a regional produce cooperative for Feeding
America, serve as a contract reclamation site for Kroger Central
Division, and are a staging site for FEMA disaster response.
Position Purpose: The production supervisor will work primarily in
refrigerated and frozen areas coordinating the production of Fresh
to Go boxes distributed by Fresh Connect Central. All
responsibilities shall be consistent with Gleaners Food Bank's
mission to lead the fight against hunger.Position Essential
Functions and Responsibilities: To be successful in this role, an
individual must be able to perform in a satisfactory manner the
functions/responsibilities listed below. Nothing in this
description restricts the right of management to assign or reassign
duties and responsibilities to this job at any time, without
notice; however, Gleaners will make reasonable accommodations to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
This job description is not an employment agreement or
- Oversee daily production of Fresh to Go boxes, including
supervision of full-time employees, temporary employees, and/or
- Generate production picks daily by coordinating with supply
chain team what products are available.
- Update on hand inventory daily after production is completed to
accurately reflect what products were removed from inventory.
- Play active role in assisting with FCC inventory organization
(freezer, cooler, and dry areas) by moving, tagging, labeling,
consolidating, and picking product when necessary.
- Assist in operation of protein repack room by moving product,
finding supplies, operating repack equipment, and any other related
task as needed.
- Collaborate regularly with all members of FCC team to better
understand how to meet the needs of the customer.
- Continue to change and adapt to new initiatives and processes
that Fresh Connect offers.
- Personnel management
- Assign workloads and ensure performance of jobs by providing
supervision, regular feedback, open communication, coaching,
training, evaluation, discipline and accountability to staff.
- Manage attendance via ADP for direct reports.
- Motivate staff to be an effective part of the Gleaners team
working together to achieve the organization's goals.
- Perform various warehouse functions including product receipt,
put-away, replenishment, order-fulfillment, prepare product for
distribution, and ship product to final customer.
- Work safely and accurately with minimal supervision.
- Operate a PIT equipment according to Gleaners and OSHA
- Ensure compliance and adherence to all food safety guidelines
according to GFB, Feeding America, AIB, USDA, ISDH and any other
applicable processes or regulations for safe and sanitary
production and storage of all products.
- All other duties as assigned.Skills/Qualifications:The
requirements listed below are representative of the education,
experience, knowledge, skills, and/or abilities an individual needs
in order to perform this job successfully.Education and/or
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience
- Prior experience in customer service is desired
- Previous experience and/or training in supervision or team lead
- Knowledge and experience performing warehouse functions (safety
procedures, product receipt, put-away, replenishment, inventory,
order-fulfillment and shipment, etc.)Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, written communication
- Ability to read, write and to understand instructions
- Ability to communicate professionally and respectfully with all
staff members, agencies, volunteers, and donors
- Ability to perform basic math functions, (addition,
subtraction, multiplication and division)
- Ability to count accurately and maintain accurate records
- Understands warehouse inventory
- Commitment to a service-oriented organization where team
building and collaboration are paramount
- Be accountable and meet deadlines on a consistent basis
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Ability to execute instructions with exacting (100% compliance)
attention to detail
- Pallet jack certification and experience preferred
- Forklift certification (or ability to be certified)
preferredCore Competencies: Communication, Customer Service,
Reliability/Dependability, Respect and Integrity, Teamwork and Work
Habits/Planning.Physical Demands:The physical demands described
here are representative of those that an individual must meet in
order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Gleaners will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time; walk; use hands to
finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to lift and/or and move 50 lbs. regularly and to
push/pull 2,000lbs. of product using manual pallet jack.
- Ability to speak clearly.
- Ability to operate machine, mechanical, and electrical
- Occasional manual loading of orders into vehicles (i.e., autos,
SUVs, pickup trucks and small trailers).
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus.Work Environment:The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Gleaners will make reasonable accommodations to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- This position is predominantly warehouse-based with primary
activity in refrigerated or freezer environments.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
- Exposure to fumes/odors and dirt/dust.
- Some exposure to outdoors(i.e. all weather conditions) and
- Moving vehicles and equipment; Machinery/equipment in use.
- Works well with others and independently.
- Verbal face-to-face contact with others
- Requires movement of product in-and-out of trailers and
- Flexible work schedule, including ability to work weekends and
evening hours as needed.Gleaners Food Bank is an Equal Employment
Opportunity Employer and provides equal opportunities for
employment and advancement for all individuals, without regard to
race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital
status, family/parental status, pregnancy, leave status, genetic
information, veteran status, creed, citizenship status, income
derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs,
reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity, or any
other status or category protected by applicable federal, state, or
Keywords: Gleaners Food Bank Of I, Indianapolis , Production Supervisor, Fresh Connect Central, Professions , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!