Company: Xpress Cargo, Inc.
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*Xpress Cargo* is on the grow and looking for great people to
join our team and grow with us. We were built by drivers for
drivers to deliver temperature controlled freight with awesome
customer service. Great culture for the team player that likes to
We currently need Overnight Dispatchers to be there for our drivers
to dispatch, communicate follow up with their afterhours needs. We
are located on the near east side of Downtown Indianapolis. Your
overnight shift is a rotating schedule that is shared with another
Overnight Dispatcher. One week you are scheduled 36 hours (3 days
on and 4 days off) and the next week you are scheduled 48 hours (4
days on and 3 off). This means you get every other weekend off.
*JOB SUMMARY: *This position is responsible for providing timely
and appropriate transportation of time- sensitive transportation of
general commodities, also products requiring temperature control,
such as frozen food, produce, live plants, plastic film, and
textiles throughout the contiguous 48 states.
*ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: *
(The following statements describe the general nature of work being
performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive
list of duties. Additional responsibilities may be assigned by
* Maintain professional communications and contact with our drivers
and others as necessary to insure accurate delivery of freight.
* The Overnight Dispatcher will make phone calls to update, add to,
inform and facilitate the shipping process.
* Perform basic data entry; and demonstrate ability to learn new
* Fulfill and priortize requests by drivers or customers by
clarifying information and properly communicate it to all parties.
Monitor all drivers positions and temperature of their trailer;
make check calls with drivers when needed.
* Keep current on training for new equipment; procedures, and
* Assist with driver breakdowns or accident procedures when
* Ability to be an great listener to communicate all information
effectively in verbal and written form with a strong customer
* Solid typing and computer skills.
* Ability to adapt to change in a fast-growing production
* Multi-tasking and organizational skills are a must.
* Ability to manage, at times, stressful siituations while
maintaining good customer service/professional relations.
* High School Diploma or GED required..
* 2-5 years of customer service experience.
* Previous Dispatch and Trucking experience is a definate plus.
* At least 2 verifiable employment references.
*OTHER REQUIREMENTS: *
* High level of dedication to job and ownership of work.
* Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
* Demonstrated dependability and timeliness.
* Must be able to concentrate and focus on details of task.
* Must possess a positive outlook on work activities.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $21.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 12 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
* Night shift
* Weekend availability
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Xpress Cargo, Inc., Indianapolis , Overnight Dispatcher, Professions , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!