Electrical Engineering Technician
Company: 24M Technologies
Posted on: January 27, 2023
24M Technologies answers the world's need for affordable energy
storage by enabling a new, more cost-effective solution -
SemiSolidTM lithium-ion technology. Our breakthrough manufacturing
platform provides for low-cost, high energy density, safe and
long-life storage for electric mobility, grid and other
applications. Through strategic partnerships with industry leaders,
including the Volkswagen Group, Kyocera, GPSC and FREYR, 24M has
built an ecosystem to rapidly scale the SemiSolidTM platform and
develop a better, cleaner energy future. Founded in 2010 and led by
some of the battery industry's foremost inventors, scientists and
entrepreneurs, 24M is headquartered in Cambridge, Mass. and backed
by top industrial partners and venture capital firms. For more
information, please visit www.24-m.com.
The Engineering Technician will be a key member of the high
performing team focused on developing the next generation high
volume manufacturing processes that will connect 24M's
revolutionary product to the high growth energy storage market.
Primary responsibilities of this position include (1)
Troubleshooting, resolving issues, and performing maintenance on
the R&D and Pilot Line equipment, (2) Supporting process
development efforts. Strong interpersonal skills are required, as
are a strong work ethic and an ability to flourish in a dynamic
startup environment. The Engineering Technician reports to the
Director of Pack Development and receives directives from the Lead
- Perform maintenance on and repair various types of production
and lab equipment
- Support Electronics group in build, repair, and modification of
printed circuit boards and breadboard designs.
- Electronic troubleshooting of complex circuit designs to the
- Assist with assembly of electrical and module components as
required to support build team.
- Maintaining component and lab equipment inventories
- Maintaining records of equipment calibration certificates
- Testing and collection of data with ability to create test
reports and process test data.
- Testing battery modules and packs onsite and at partner
locations (mostly in Indiana)
- Support Engineers with critical path engineering projects
- Execute assigned design and equipment projects to support pack
development needs; includes mechanical component design, equipment
design/qualification, tooling and fixtures to support existing and
new build processes
- Perform other functions as required to support the pack build
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience with soldering surface mount devices on PCBA,
including chip components to 0405 and fine pitch IC chips.
- Formal soldering training desired
- Familiar with PCB rework and testing methods
- Very proficient in using basic hand tools such as wrenches,
rachets, saws, hammers, screwdrivers, pliers, etc.
- Familiar with PCBA manufacturing methods and processes
- Able to provide detailed test results and reporting in written
- Demonstrated ability and passion for mechanical design - basic
understanding of common engineering materials, coatings, fasteners,
soldering, material compatibility (LbFree) testing methods and the
associated impact to product performance
- Strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated hands on
approach to troubleshooting
- Proficient with Engineering Design Software (parts, assemblies
and drawings) - Orcad, or similar
- Proficient with MS Office programs - Outlook, Word, Excel,
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment. Ability to commit to
aggressive timelines and to deliver on those commitments.
- Able to operate basic machine tools and power tools
proficiently such as a drill press, horizontal and vertical band
saws, and battery powered handheld tools
- Excellent communication skills for interaction with team
members, other groups and outside suppliers.
- Works well in a team environment with willingness to share
skills and information and mentor others.
- Highly motivated and action oriented as demonstrated by
- Coachable; able to act on management inputs and constructive
Desired Skills and Experience:
- OrCad PCB layout for complex boards
- Lithium-ion battery industry experience with focus on cell
- Broad experience which also includes other processes such as
mixing, extrusion, formation, etc.
- Experience in taking a process from lab scale to pilot scale,
and to high volume manufacturing.
- Associate degree in EET, ECET, MET or related field.
Physical and Environmental Standards:
- Capable of working in low moisture dry room environment:
- Capable of working in machine shop environment and operating
machinery w/proper training
- Capable of wearing clean room attire when working in dry room
environment: face mask, hair net, safety glasses, gloves, coverall
suit and shoe covers
- Capable of meeting OSHA standards for manual lifting
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Keywords: 24M Technologies, Indianapolis , Electrical Engineering Technician, Professions , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!