Electrician - Night Shift (12 hours)
Company: Nice-Pak Products, Inc.
Posted on: January 27, 2023
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Recommend, repair and install electrical and electronic
equipment to maintain plant manufacturing efficiency.
- Perform standard electrical PM activities on plant equipment as
scheduled by the maintenance planner.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components,
using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a
breakdown and correct the problem.
- Excellent understanding and follow all safety rules in an
- Follow state and local building regulations based on the
National Electric Code.
- Install and maintain wiring, control, and lighting
- Identify electrical problems with a variety of testing
- Read blueprints or technical diagrams before doing
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, or fixtures using hand
tools and power tools
- Inspect electrical components, such as transformers and circuit
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in
electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices
such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure
compatibility and safety of system.
- Construct and fabricate parts, using hand tools and
- Fasten small metal or plastic boxes to walls to house
electrical switches or outlets.
- Place conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated partitions,
walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables
through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Perform business management duties such as maintaining records
and files, preparing reports and ordering supplies and
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment
and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location
of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and
- Troubleshoot PLC issues on the manufacturing lines and
- Share Call-In duty with the other plant electrical staff to
ensure electrical coverage at all times.
- All other jobs as assigned.
Associate or Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology
(EET) or equivalent level of experience preferred.
1. Ability to understand electrical symbols, draw electrical
circuits and read electrical blueprints.
2. Experience with word processing and spreadsheet programs.
3. Functional experience working in a fast-paced, time-sensitive
4. Experience in automation, conveyors, and artificial intelligence
5. Strong understanding of PLC controls.
6. Must be familiar with industrial and electrical laws
1-3 years in an Industrial Electrician/Electronic Technician
Ability to instruct/coach maintenance staff on electrical
device/controls troubleshooting methods. Ability to communicate
with and direct contractors to properly complete tasks. Excellent
understanding of safety rules in an industrial setting. Experience
in automation, conveyors, and artificial intelligence expertise.
Strong mechanical, analytical, and data-driven decision-making
skills. Strong ability to read measuring devices and
Able to work shift(s) hours as assigned. Stand, sit, walk, bend,
push, pull, lift minimum of 20lbs. and navigate stairs
Ability to work around moving equipment in a fast-paced industrial
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Nice-Pak Products, Inc., Indianapolis , Electrician - Night Shift (12 hours), Professions , Mooresville, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!