Posted on: March 19, 2023
The forklift driver provides support to their assigned department
through the delivery, location, and transportation of palletized
product and equipment. This position serves as a back-fil and
support forklift driver, as required for other departments.
Major Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Deliver product in a timely and safe manner.
- Locate or relocate product as directed.
- Unload and load trucks as required.
- Build or re-stack pallet loads as required.
- Utilize warehouse management system
- Inspect forklift daily and complete daily log.
- Manage forklift battery watering system.
- Back up forklift drivers in other departments as required
- Communicate with leads, supervisors, managers, and
- Act professionally at all times
- Follow all safety rules
- Follow all center rules
- Overtime as scheduled
- Flexible and open to changing assignments
- Meets attendance standards Minimum Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Ability to operate or learn to operate the following
- Order picker
- Single reach forklift
- Double reach forklift
- High reach forklift
- Ability to work with heights.
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Able to stand for 9 hours per day.
- Ability to use a scan gun or gladiator.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to read English.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish Preferred
- Understand and commit to meeting all deadlines and requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the major
job responsibilities (essential functions) of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the major job responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is:
- 100% required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects,
tools or controls, and reach with hands or arms.
- 40% required to talk or hear and read instructions on a
computer monitor and/or printed on paper.
- 100% required to stand, kneel or stoop, and lift and/or move up
to 50 pounds.
- 100% required to view items at an extremely close range and
must be able to adjust and readjust focus.
Support a safe work environment by following safety rules and
regulations and reporting all safety hazards.
Keywords: Inmar, Indianapolis , Forklift Operator, Professions , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...