Traffic Control Technician - Traffic Control Technician 1 - IN, Indianapolis - Job
Company: RoadSafe Traffic Systems, Inc.
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Traffic Control Technician 1 (Indianapolis, IN)
The TCT must maintain a safe work zone that ensures that traffic stays out of the way of the workers. This involves setting up and removing temporary cones, signs, variable message boards, and safety barriers that show traffic where to drive, as well as holding up signs that tells traffic to either stop or to proceed slowly. Traffic-control technicians must be constantly aware of both the construction and traffic activity taking place around them.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Regularly exposed to outside weather conditions; moving equipment and machinery parts; moving traffic, and fumes and airborne particles
* Dealing with traveling public effectively
* Noise level of the work environment is usually moderate/loud
* Regularly required to stand/walk; reach with hands and arms; for up to 14 hours a day
* Occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds
* Pass a drug test
* Ability to participate and pass Company Sponsored Flagger Certification
* Excellent attendance required, dependable transportation, good work ethic
* Complete required TCT Training Certification with-in 2 months of hire date.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Traffic Control Technician 1 C-JD2020
About the Organization
RoadSafe Traffic Systems ('RoadSafe') is the largest provider of traffic control and pavement marking services in the United States. Our national network of 50 branches supports government, private, special event, utility and railroad projects in over 40 states. Expert knowledge of traffic control and roadway striping coupled with a unique ability to quickly mobilize our extensive fleet, state-of-the art equipment and trained technicians allows RoadSafe to safely provide quality, value, and peace of mind to our customers nationwide. RoadSafe enjoys exclusive contract agreements with some of the United States' biggest industrial companies and contractors. Known for our sophistication and professionalism, RoadSafe is called upon to handle the biggest and best projects in our industry.
At RoadSafe, we offer a competitive pay, growth potential and an excellent benefits package for those who qualify including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) plans. RoadSafe recognizes and values diversity.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Keywords: RoadSafe Traffic Systems, Inc., Indianapolis , Traffic Control Technician - Traffic Control Technician 1 - IN, Indianapolis - Job, Professions , Indianapolis, Indiana
here to apply!