Specialty Genomics Bioinformatics Scientist I (Production)
Posted on: May 27, 2023
If you are looking for a company where you can gain exposure to
a wide variety of science and explore a multitude of career paths
across the drug development spectrum, consider working at Labcorp
Drug Development as a Bioinformatics Scientist I (Prod). In this
role, you will join the Specialty Genomics group as a data analyst
in support of production activities. This position may be fully
remote. Analyses range from early stage exploratory to full
CAP/CLIA validated clinical studies. In more details, you
- Perform data analysis to support assays being performed in the
lab. - Assays range from qPCR, arrays, Sanger sequencing, and NGS
- Perform routine QC and any required downstream analyses
following established work instructions.
- Report writing.
- Work in a fast-paced, high throughput environment to meet
client driven timelines.
- Ability to prioritize workload to effectively handle several
projects at any given time.
- Quickly and competently train on and perform new and updated
- Understand and perform specific tasks that need to be completed
on a daily basis.
- Identify and offer suggestions for process improvements.
- Ability to complete written reports as part of client
- Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure to
generate high quality data analysis. Thrive personally and
professionally at Labcorp Drug Development Working at Labcorp Drug
Development, you'll continue to grow in our learning-based culture
so you'll know how to expertly respond and adapt as the industry
continues to evolve. Here, you'll put your education to work as you
play a meaningful role in advancing healthcare and making a
difference in people's life. In addition, Labcorp Drug Development
offers great benefits, global experience and the opportunity to
work independently within a team-oriented environment. What we're
looking for Bioinformatics Scientist I's (Prod) are the most
successful at Labcorp with:Required Education:
- MS in bioinformatics, biology, or related fieldRequired
- Two+ years of bioinformatics experience working on array based
and/or NGS assays, including but not limited to qPCR, DMET,
pharmacoScan, nanoString, RNA-Seq, WGS, WES, 10x, Archer,
- Two+ years of experience with Python and/or R at the user
- Strong background in statistical analysis methodologies.
- Full comfort working in a *nix-based environment. - Bash or
other scripting skills is essential. Desired Experience:
- Experience with the following software tools for array based
analysis: GenomeStudio, Transcriptome Analysis Console (TAC),
nCounter Analysis, etc.
- Experience with sequencing QC, GATK workflows, gene expression
analysis for RNA-Seq.
- Previous CRO experience a plus.
- Able to function in a fast-paced, high throughput
- Demonstrated organizational and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and team work skills are essential. Get to
know Labcorp Drug DevelopmentAt Labcorp, we believe in the power of
science to change lives. We are a leading global life sciences
company that delivers answers for crucial health questions. Through
our unparalleled diagnostics and drug development capabilities, we
provide insights and accelerate innovations that not only empower
patients and providers but help medical, biotech, and
pharmaceutical companies transform ideas into innovations. Here,
you can join our more than 75,000 employees, serving clients in
more than 100 countries, as we work together to make a real impact
on people's lives. Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer:As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and
inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or
discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on
the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual
and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national
origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical
conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union
or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender
identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran
status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally
protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply. For more
information about how we collect and store your personal data,
please see our -Privacy Statement. -
Keywords: Labcorp, Indianapolis , Specialty Genomics Bioinformatics Scientist I (Production), Professions , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...