Research Technician, Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research
Company: Indiana University
Posted on: May 28, 2023
DepartmentPED-NEONATAL BASIC RESEARCH (IN-PNEB-IUINA)Department
InformationThe Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research
conducts basic science and translational research within the
Department of Pediatrics at Indiana University School of Medicine.
The Wells Center houses more than 200 faculty investigators, staff,
and trainees seeking answers to the most pressing questions related
to childhood illness.With the collaboration between scientists and
physicians, the center aims to increase knowledge of causes and
mechanisms of serious pediatric diseases. Our goal is to develop
innovative approaches to the diagnosis and treatment of sick
children in Indiana and beyond.Job SummaryThe Singh Lab is seeking
to hire a highly motivated and dependable lab technician.
- Assists with mouse colony maintenance and genotyping. Conducts
ex vivo culture and mouse bone marrow transplantation and flow
- Collects, analyzes, and processes research data, reporting to
the Principal Investigator or their designee.
- Works in collaboration with Principal Investigator or their
designee on other projects as needed.
- Assists with biosafety, radiation safety and regulatory
compliance related to both animal and human subject research
- Maintains safety records and ensures safety/compliance
procedures and protocols are followed.
- Assists with equipment maintenance.
- Participates in laboratory meetings.
- Responsible for accurate research record keeping. General
- Performs a wide variety of complex experiments and reports
- Keeps organized analytical data of performed experiments.
- Provides support for equipment maintenance as needed.
- Acts as a liaison to students and laboratory personnel for
- Maintains laboratory supply requisition and management.
- May train junior-level staff.
- May help plan experiments or short-term goals.
- Bachelor's degree in science or related fieldCombinations of
related education and experience may be consideredSKILLSRequired
- Proficient communication skills
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic
- Highly thorough and dependable Working Conditions / DemandsThe
role regularly requires the ability to effectively communicate. The
role frequently requires the ability to move about the work
environment and to position oneself to operate laboratory equipment
effectively. The role requires the ability to move objects weighing
up to 25 pounds and will occasionally work near moving mechanical
parts. The person in this role must be able to perform the
essential functions with or without an accommodation.Work
LocationIndianapolis, Indiana Advertised SalaryThe salary range for
this position is $37,000 - $42,000. Salary determination is based
on experience, skill level, education, and training. Benefits
OverviewFor full-time staff employees, Indiana University offers a
wide array of benefits including:
- Multiple plan options for medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health Savings Account with generous IU contribution
- Life insurance, LTD, and AD&D options
- Base retirement plan contribution from IU, subject to
- Additional supplemental retirement plan options
- Tuition benefit for IU classes
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)Learn more about our benefits
by reviewing our online Benefits Brochure.Job ClassificationCareer
Level: IntermediateFLSA: NonexemptJob Function: ResearchJob Family:
Research AnalysisClick here to learn more about Indiana
University's Job Framework.Posting DisclaimerDue to the COVID-19
pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as
advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to
travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an
interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the
working conditions at that time. This posting is scheduled to close
at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be
closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will
remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full
consideration, please submit your application within 5 business
days of the Posted Date.If you wish to include a cover letter, you
may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.New
employees will be provided with information regarding Indiana
University's COVID-19 vaccine policy, which includes the
opportunity to request an exemption. To learn more, view our
COVID-19 vaccine information page.Equal Employment
OpportunityIndiana University is an equal employment and
affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits
discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic
information, marital status, national origin, disability status or
protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate
on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities,
including employment and admission, as required by Title IX.
Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the
U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the
university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of
Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.Campus
Safety and SecurityThe Annual Security and Fire Safety Report,
containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all
Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also
request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at email@example.com
or by visiting IUPD.Contact UsRequest SupportTelephone:
Keywords: Indiana University, Indianapolis , Research Technician, Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research, Professions , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...