Technician - Rental Services
Company: MacAllister Machinery
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Position at MacAllister Rentals
Position duties include but are not limited to: perform mechanical
services on equipment both new and rentals for the Service
Department at job sites or in the shop.
- Diagnoses and repairs equipment in the shop or at customer
sites including rebuilding of components, a complete rebuild or any
- Initiates and/or completes all associated paper work for the
service and/or repair, including writing the service report and
recording time technician(s) spent repairing and/or servicing
equipment, parts charged and returned, serial number, type of
- Maintains customer satisfaction by understanding the customers'
needs and time constraints and attempting to complete scheduled
repairs and service safely and within those constraints while
providing superior quality to meet and/or exceed the customer's
- Maintains company issued vehicles, equipment, tools, work
areas, etc. by keeping them in good working order, clean,
professional in appearance, and up to date with suggested
- Performs related duties as required such as maintaining the
safety and housekeeping associated with the particular work
- Equipment should be cleaned, greased, all fluid levels checked
and be in proper operation condition before being placed on the
- Internal shop repair orders are to be completed on each piece
of equipment as work is performed
- All service calls are to be performed in a timely and efficient
manner as directed by the shop lead and coordinators
- The shop deadline, service line, and equipment staging areas
are to be kept clean, organized and professional looking at all
- Adhere to manager's and lead mechanic's directions regarding
all repairs and service calls
- Properly tag all equipment prior to placing in the ready
- Storage of equipment/vehicles in appropriate manner when not in
use to prevent property damage.
- Complete any and all special assignments or projects from
manager on a timely basisQualifications
- Knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through a
high school education or the equivalent with a technical background
or additional training preferred, as provided through a vocational
school with studies in diesel equipment repair.
- Minimum of 3 years of mechanical experience with heavy
equipment preferably with a rental company or Caterpillar and/or in
a position with a working knowledge of hydraulics, powertrain,
electronic/electrical systems etc.
- Good decision-making and creative thinking skills.
- Good problem solving, diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
with the ability to interpret and apply policies, procedures and
guidelines and basic understanding of warranty administration.
- Moderate computer skills, including experience using Microsoft
Office. Moderate experience using data base systems.
- Good customer service skills, basic prospecting skills and the
ability to meet and/or exceed customer expectations.
- Good listening and verbal communication skills.
- A working knowledge of safety rules, laws and regulations
concerning engine service, hydraulics, electrical, technical
functions of various components and tooling procedures and
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with little supervision
and achieve required goals and objectives.
- The ability to work overtime and weekends.
- The ability to uphold professionalism with both internal and
external customers, including personal appearance and friendly,
courteous treatment of peers, subordinates and customers.
- May be required to obtain a CDL.
- Valid driver's license due to traveling obligations
The duties and responsibilities described here are not a
comprehensive list, and the scope of the job may change as
necessitated by business demands.
MacAllister Machinery Co Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: MacAllister Machinery, Indianapolis , Technician - Rental Services, Professions , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...