Company: Genuine Parts Company
Posted on: November 19, 2023
The Forklift Operator is responsible for operating a forklift to
move, locate, relocate, stack, and count merchandise. The Operator
is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the vehicle
and may also be required to perform Order Filler and Checker
- Unload/ Load inbound shipments safely and move product to
- Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate
- Quality: Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and
free of damage. Report quality variances
- Loading: Efficiently move product from staging and/or storage
areas into rail cars or trailers.
- Equipment: Load, unload, move, stack, and stage product and
materials using a forklift, clamptruck, or other power equipment.
Maintain the facility's equipment and materials in a neat, clean
and orderly fashion. On a daily basis, inspect and perform minor
maintenance on the forklift or other equipment. Operate all
equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work
- Inventory: Keep appropriate records and reports to guarantee
that tight inventory control and security is maintained. Assist in
- Safety, Sanitation, Security: Maintain a clean, neat, and
orderly work area. Assist in maintaining the security of the
warehouse. Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety.
Comply with OSHA and MSDS Standards.
- Maintenance: Perform or assist in building, grounds, and
equipment maintenance as required.
- Minimum 1 year of recent experience as a forklift
- Experience with standup forklift with suicide knobs are a
Not the right fit? Let us know you're interested in a future
opportunity by joining our Talent Community on jobs.genpt.com or
create an account to set up email alerts as new job postings become
available that meet your interest!
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed,
color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship
status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, genetic information, disability, military status,
status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's
policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and
terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement,
experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
Keywords: Genuine Parts Company, Indianapolis , Forklift Operator, Professions , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!