Furnace Support Technician, 3rd Shift
Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: February 10, 2024
About Linde Advanced Material TechnologiesLinde Advanced
Material Technologies, formerly Praxair Surface Technologies, is a
company that revolutionizes industries through innovative materials
and surface coatings. We are leaders in advanced materials and
offer metal powders, sputtering targets, and surface coatings that
enhance performance across various sectors. Our strong focus on
innovation is evident in our superior technologies for the
aerospace, energy, semiconductor, automotive, and industrial
industries.Linde Advanced Material Technologies also has a joint
venture with GE Aviation, known as PG Technologies. Linde employees
learn and abide by the Linde Code of Ethics and Code of Conduct by
demonstrating honesty, integrity, professionalism in all
communications, actions, and decisions.Job OverviewThe Furnace
Support Technician for 3rd shift is responsible for safe,
dependable, and efficient operations of all equipment used to
manufacture and process powder and/or slurry. This is a challenging
and rewarding job that requires the employee to have problem
solving capabilities in all production associated processes.The
Furnace Support Technician performs the operations and tasks
necessary to safely support production of metallic, ceramic/oxide
and carbide powders. These tasks are assigned by each department
Product Line Manager and will be performed at the quality necessary
to achieve world class coatings. It is expected that these
standards be met by following Linde Standard practices in all
aspects of this job.Job Responsibilities1. Operational
- Understands, acknowledges, and successfully demonstrates the
ability to perform production support operator responsibilities
- Follows step by step instructions detailed by senior operators
in turnover reports, written job instructions, or verbal
- Performing basic and accurate math.
- Performing required basic computer-based tasks.
- Maintains tasks in a face paced environment, on-time while
meeting safety and quality requirements.
- Performs the operation of machines, fork trucks and/or
- Ability to complete forklift certification within 60 days of
employment.2. Internal Collaboration
- Collaborates and communicates cross-functionally across
departments such as Quality, Safety, and Engineering. Quality,
Safety, & Compliance
- Ability to read, understand and use Product Manufacturing
Instructions (PMI's), Job-Safety Analysis' (JSA), and schedule to
accomplish daily production tasks.
- Maintain equipment and housekeeping within work
- Support current and new safety initiatives/policies.Required
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must be able to read, comprehend and understand work
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all
units of measure.
- Must be able to operate fork truck, electric hoist, scales, and
- Capable of lifting to 40lbs.
- Frequent standing, walking, bending, reaching, hand and finger
manipulation, occasional stooping, crouching, and climbing.
- Must be able to wear a face respirator.
- Must be able to work 3rd shift.All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran
status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.Linde
Inc. acts responsibly towards its shareholders, business partners,
employees, society and the environment in every one of its business
areas, regions and locations across the globe. The company is
committed to technologies and products that unite the goals of
customer value and sustainable development.The above statements are
intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are
not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned
to this position. Therefore, employees assigned may be required to
perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Indianapolis , Furnace Support Technician, 3rd Shift, Professions , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!