SIOP & PRODUCTION PLANNING MANAGER
Posted on: February 16, 2019
Belden Inc. is a multi-billion dollar organization of 10,000 talented people that support the mission-critical network infrastructure and audio visual broadcast needs of many of the worlds best-known brands, placing us at the heart of the global transformation to a truly connected world. Our solutions can be found in many of your favorite places: concerts, sporting events, theme parks, and universities, just to name a few.
If youre looking to join a global team of exceptional people, committed to designing, delivering and supporting best-in-class technology solutions in a fast paced, results-oriented and growing company Belden is for you. Our people are creative, smart, analytical, and obsessed with being the best, working together to deliver high quality solutions and services to customers across the globe.
The SIOP & Production Planning Manager will drive and enhance the Sales, Inventory, Operations, and Planning (SIOP) process, inventory analysis, and lean daily management (LDM) for Belden Americas manufacturing sites, supporting customers around the globe. The Manager will utilize the Belden Delivery System, combined with strong ERP knowledge and reporting skills, to analyze, report, and execute actions across our matrixed organization. This individual will work with Production, Purchasing, Commercial, Finance, Materials Management, and Sales teams as necessary to ensure alignment of all business units and manufacturing sites with our business plan.
The SIOP & Production Planning Manager will assist in determining the right levels of finished goods inventory while implementing programs and sustainable tools to drive inventory turns, on time delivery, and process improvements. LOCATION: Indianapolis, IN.
- Assemble and conduct the monthly1) demand forecast reviews, 2) plant equipment & capacity planning meetings, 3) production planning and inventory reviews, and 4) monthly Executive SIOP reviews with senior leadership.
- Understand best practices and deploy standard processes across our product management and sales (demand forecasting), manufacturing and operations (backlog & inventory), and business unit (capital planning & asset allocation) functions.
- Establish finished good inventory levels to achieve 95% on time delivery and established inventory turns objectives while working with plant management to reduce cycle times.
- Consolidate demand planning from commercial teams into demand plans across the North American manufacturing locations.
- Work with plant management to identify potential bottlenecks and create solutions.
- Manage excess and obsolete (E&O) inventory disposition approvals.Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelors degree in supply chain, logistics, engineering, management, or relevant analytical field
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in operations, supply chain, materials management or analytical field
- Strong analytical ability and rigor
- SIOP Productions experience a plus
- Ability to effectively communicate, interact, influence, and create followership within all levels of internal customers across a matrixed organization
- Ability to lead/support efforts to understand root cause and corrective actions for process failures relating to planning, scheduling, and execution
- Ability to multi-task and assess priorities in a complex and demanding environment while managing through ambiguity
- Distinguished in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Understanding of ERP / MRS systems (SAP, BPCS, or similar) and higher level reporting systems (Hyperion Interactive, Oracle, Tableau, or similar) preferred
- Previous experience with sales, inventory, and operations planning (SIOP) preferred
At Belden, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. Were innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here youll learn how our Belden Business System is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this job.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability, or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Belden, Indianapolis , SIOP & PRODUCTION PLANNING MANAGER, Professions , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!