Maintenance Technician II - Maintenance
Company: NCI Building Systems
Posted on: June 13, 2019
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN II - MAINTENANCE
2400 Yankee Rd, Middletown, OH 45044, USA Req #1621
Thursday, May 23, 2019
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior
building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio
spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while
our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and
communities across North America. Our relentless focus on
excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and
R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows,
vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall
systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we
create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to
communities where people live, work and play.
The Maintenance Technician B is responsible for safely performing
emergency and preventative repairs to plant machinery and
infrastructure. The Maintenance Technician B responds to the needs
of the production supervisor in the event of an unplanned
production line breakdown. The Maintenance Technician B effectively
utilizes manpower and equipment to complete repairs in a timely
manner, thereby contributing to the productivity and customer
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Safely performing emergency and preventative repairs to plant
machinery and infrastructure
* Responds to the needs of the Operations Leader in the event of an
* Effectively utilizes manpower and equipment to complete repairs
in a timely manner
* Responsible for the cleanup of Maintenance and work areas where
repairs are performed
* Responsible for the safe and prudent use of company equipment and
* Ensures a safe work environment by utilizing Lock-out/Tag-out
procedures and reporting any unsafe condition
* Responsible for the inventory of maintenance supplies
* Informs the Maintenance Team Leader and/or Operations Planner
when supplies have been removed from stock and require
* Provides ordering information for replenishment of stock
* Responsible for utilizing the Work Order system both in entering
work orders and completing work orders, as directed by the
Maintenance Team Leader or Operations Planner
* Responsible for understanding and complying with the fundamental
principles associated with the Quality and Environmental
Managements systems in place at Metal Coaters
* Responsible for communicating daily with all levels of employees
in order to assist in resolving problems and achieving company
* Keeps equipment and work area clean and orderly
* Ensure compliance with federal and state laws
* Perform all duties in a safe manner
* Perform other duties as assigned
* It is the responsibility of all employees to avoid environmental
impacts including but not limited to the release of gas or toxic
vapors, solvents, paints, grease, oils and various other chemicals
into the environment.
* Caution needs to be taken to avoid spills.
* If a spill occurs Metal Coaters, (Spill Response, Log and Report
procedures) must be followed. In addition, all employees are
responsible to recycle all recyclable materials including but not
limited to paper, plastics, cardboard, ink cartridges, etc.
* Good housekeeping practices are essential as a preventative
* To perform satisfactorily in this position, the employee must be
able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
* The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made for employees with certain
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
* High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
* A minimum 1 year of experience as an industrial mechanic and/or
Electrician is preferred.
* Ability to read and comprehend documents including but not
limited to policy manuals, safety rules/programs, operating and
maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and simple
* In addition, the ability to communicate information effectively
one-on-one, in small group situations and settings is required.
* Ability to perform general mathematic calculations including but
not limited to addition, subtraction, multiplication, fractions,
percentages, and statistics. Some positions may require advance
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to perform work
instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form a must. In
addition, the ability to solve problems, which involve multiple
variables in a standard situation, is required.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Required to use power hand tools
* Required to drive a forklift
* Ability to work effectively to meet deadlines
* Ability to work with a diversified work force
* Offers of employment may be contingent upon passing a substance
abuse screening test and/ or criminal background check
* While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly
required to talk or hear.
* The employee is frequently required to walk.
* The employee is frequently required to stand; sit; bend; stoop;
use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects; reach with hands
and arms; lift; climb and/or balance for essential tasks.
* Specific vision abilities include close-up and distance vision,
color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
* The employee may be required to enter areas that are near moving
mechanical parts, with occasional exposure to hazardous chemicals,
and extreme cold or heat.
* The noise level in the work environment is considered moderate
and may require the use of hearing protection.
* The employee will be required to utilize Personal Protective
Equipment (PPE) when accessing certain manufacturing areas.
* Before initiating work at Metal Coaters, the employee is required
to read and understand the position s Job Safety Analysis.
* The employee must wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment
(PPE) and perform tasks in a manner consistent with NCI and Metal
Coaters safety training, NCI Employee Manual and OSHA
Note: The statements included in this job description are intended
to reflect, in general, the duties and responsibilities of this
classification and are not to be interpreted as being
Cornerstone Building Brands is an equal opportunity, at-will
employer and does not discriminate against any employee or
applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color,
disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
* Job Family Maintenance
* Pay Type Hourly
Keywords: NCI Building Systems, Indianapolis , Maintenance Technician II - Maintenance, Professions , Middletown, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!