Company: AES Corporation
Posted on: June 15, 2019
At AES, we raise the quality of life around the world by changing
the way energy works. Everyone makes an impact every day in our
small, global teams. Apply here to start an extraordinary career
Functioning across organizational and computing silos, the
Enterprise Architect sets the direction and establishes the
approach for integrating information applications and programs.
Acting as a consultant in business process design and analysis, the
Enterprise Architect's primary role is to provide an architecture
that supports the most effective, reliable and secure IT ecosystem
which meets the needs of AES today and provides a foundation for
our digital energy future.
- Develop and maintain the enterprise architecture for the
- Coordinate all enterprise architecture activities globally
- Conduct audits to ensure Enterprise Architecture standards are
- Synchronize IT strategy and planning with the organization's
existing and future business goals
- Optimize information management strategies via a perception of
growing business requirements and technological
- Promote shared applications and infrastructure to cut
expenditures and enhance the flow of information
- Work closely with solutions architects to provide an
opinion-based enterprise solution that is flexible, scalable and
agile - capable of synchronizing with continuously changing
- Identify and help address risks related to IT assets by means
of proper security policies and standards
- Participate directly or indirectly in developing policies,
guidelines and standards that steer the development, selection,
application and utilization of technology within AES
- At as a subject matter expert and consultant to business and
Digital Team leaders.
- Ensure the long-term integrity of AES' technology
- Articulate utilities industry trends and provide the
architecture solutions to resolve issues and bring values for
- Broad expertise in the areas of Customer operations, Enterprise
Assets management, Smart Grid and Business Analytics.
- Developing architectural solutions for Energy and utility
especially renewables and edge technology (IoT).
- Bridge the technology gaps and bring the solutions to harness
advance data technology, data management and analytical tools to
improve business performance.
- Broad knowledge of Cognitive data analytics tools, Cloud
technology and familiarity with application development life
- Ability to support and lead AES Architecture review board and
enforces enterprise architectures and sub-architectures to be
aligned and controlled at an enterprise-wide level of support
Digital Strategy goal.
- 10+ years of experience in an architecture role
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred
- Systems architecture experience in a large, multinational
- Strong influencing and leadership and interpersonal skills,
including facilitation, collaboration and negotiation
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong understanding of TOGAF 9+ standard for enterprise
- Analytical thinker with demonstrated problem solving
- Ability to clarify complicated technical concerns to
- IT governance and operation knowledge
- In-depth expertise in software, hardware and systems
- Organizational, project and program management planning
- Expertise in financial modeling
- Customer service skills
- Time management skills
AES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information,
disability or protected veteran status. E-Verify Notice: AES will
provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary,
the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from
each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Keywords: AES Corporation, Indianapolis , Enterprise Architect, Professions , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!