Member Consultant II
Posted on: September 19, 2019
SUMMARYThe Member Consultant II provides a seamless delivery of
member service from routine to complex issues by assisting in a
branch environment. The role will be required to deliver a high
quality member experience while using their knowledge of multiple
products and will identify, diagnose, and act on members' consumer
financial needs, including referrals to the appropriate line of
business for specialized services. The MC II utilizes their
thorough knowledge of credit union products, including business
deposit products and small business loans, consumer loans and lines
of credit and deposit products (such as IRA products), to provide
excellent customer service to the member. The Member Consultant II
is responsible for serving as a subject matter expert to members
and Member Consultants, creating an outstanding member experience
by resolving member service needs, and delivering expertise in
specialized financial services.
First 2 weeks - Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 9:00 to
Next 10 weeks - Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 9:00 to
Base schedule after Training is complete:
Monday, (Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday), Friday 10:30 AM - 4:30
PM, and every Saturday from 8:45 AM - 1:15 PM; off two days on
Tuesday, Wednesday, and/or Thursday.
By applying to this requisition, you have expressed interest in
working in a Neighborhood Financial Center within the West
In the West District, there are pod branches. A pod is a group of
branches that are close in proximity to one another. If selected
for employment, the candidate will be hired into a pod. Once the
candidate is done with training and a position opens up in their
pod, the candidate will be placed into one of the full-time Member
Consultant positions within their pod.
The pods are split up as follows:
- Covington, Kent and Maple Valley
If an interview is scheduled, a recruiter will discuss the
preferred pod for the candidate.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU
Competencies, compliance, regulatory and Information Protection
- Deepen and retain member relationships utilizing all aspects of
the Member Advantage program and other BECU programs that ensure
the full sales experience cycle is achieved.
- Interview and enter business loan applications for business
LOC, and Visa products and forward all completed loan applications
to Business Services.
- Maintain and effectively leverage a thorough knowledge of all
forms and documentation necessary for each consumer and business
- Provide notary and medallion signature guarantee services to
- Utilize thorough knowledge of products to provide excellent
customer service, including the areas of business services,
consumer lending, deposit servicing, IRA, POA, and Fiduciary
- Conduct thorough consumer loan interviews by completing
applications and the necessary documentation (e.g., income
verification), calculating and providing the correct financial
stipulations to obtain a lending decision. Ensure consumer loan
applications are complete and that all loan documents are signed
with the members for full origination.
- Ensure all members receive prompt, efficient, courteous, and
professional service and that member problems/complaints are
resolved promptly and courteously, with follow through to
resolution. Serve as an escalation point on all service
- Develop new member relationships through community involvement
and existing member referrals by providing members with service
excellence. Actively participate in all sales and service
activities, goals and responsibilities as requested.
- Maintain signing authority for BECU's release of interest on
title vehicles Guarantee signatures in accordance with the STAMP
program for the sale or transfer of members' stocks and
- Sign all line and loan documents that originate through
outbound/inbound call center, ensuring each Member's needs are
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years post-High school education required or
equivalent years of experience; 3 or more years post-High school
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a similar role at a Financial
Institution, 3 years customer/member/client facing experience in a
retail environment may be accepted instead. Combination of above
experience totaling 4 years may also be accepted.
- Experience as a BECU Member Consultant preferred. Experience in
business lending, mortgage lending and consumer lending
- Successful completion of in-house training program after hire
- Excellent problem resolutions, negotiating, organization and
peer coaching skills with the ability to exercise confidentiality
- Proficient verbal and written skills required to effectively
communicate in the English language.
- Comprehensive understanding and knowledge of Credit Union key
objectives, product and service solutions to communicate
appropriate recommendations to uncover and address member
- Knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations that
pertain to all membership, deposit and loan products and services
offered including all forms, interest rates and necessary
- Thorough understanding of the sales process and manage a sales
- Effective analytical skills with proficient math aptitude.
- Ability to work a shifting/flexible schedule; this requires
evenings, nights or weekends.
- Full time hours required; additional hours as necessary.
- Comply with SAFE Act legislation, which requires annual
registration as a Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO).
EEO Statement:BECU is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
Keywords: BECU, Indianapolis , Member Consultant II, Professions , Covington, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!