Sales - Territory Manager
Posted on: April 10, 2021
ABOUT THE COMPANYApria Healthcare's mission is to improve the
quality of life for our patients at home. We are looking for
empathetic, thoughtful and compassionate people, to meet the needs
of our patients. Already an industry leader in healthcare services,
we provide home respiratory services and select medical equipment
to help our patients sleep better, breathe better, heal faster, and
thrive longer.JOB SUMMARYThe Territory Manager will provide
excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
Most importantly, this position provides above and beyond
communication with our patients/customers so that they feel heard,
understood, valued and more connected with Apria. Key
responsibilities for creating a positive, customer/patient-centric
- Build customer loyalty and retention.Support our Field teams,
Operations and Sales, by delivering timely feedback that empowers
our teams to deliver exceptional patient experiences.
- Critically problem-solve common complaints by flagging trends
and partnering cross-functionally to recommend and implement
- Proactively create a better customer/patient experience.Be a
champion of the employee experience and drive our unique company
culture.Support the development and implementation of employee
programs that nurture our company's core values to engage employees
and create a positive culture.This position is responsible for
selling all Apria products and services in the assigned sales
territory. The Territory Manager works closely with branch staff to
focus efforts on increasing sales. This position collects documents
required for billing based on Apria policy. This position is also
responsible for meeting both revenue and profitability goals for
their assigned sales territory. The Territory Manager works with
the General Manager to develop and execute specific strategies to
achieve these sales, customer satisfaction and profitability
goals.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts daily sales calls to establish new and maintain
ongoing business with referral sources in the medical
- Validates and develops territory call plans to qualify new and
maintain existing accounts to grow the business.
- Enters call plan and logs calls along with the decisions and
outcomes into the "Sales Management System" (SMS).
- Uses Apria reports and data such as target ratings to identify
referral targets and helps in validating as well as updating of
- Partners with the Market Leader to review sales territory call
plan to achieve strategic goals.
- Educates referral sources on the use and application of Apria
products and services.
- Maintains the highest level of customer satisfaction by
resolving and following up on customer concerns.
- Partners with branch management and staff as well as other
functional areas within the company to drive sales growth.
- Communicates and explains Medicare guidelines around private
insurance procedures, pricing information, and product information
to referral sources.
- Maintains accurate records on prospective and active accounts
ensuring information is sent to reimbursement offices for billing
- Ensures billing documentation is complete and accurate.
- Performs other duties as required.SUPERVISORY
Minimum Required Qualifications
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS Education and/or Experience
- College degree or previous relevant job experience
- Previous experience in selling "service" or "commodity
products" with demonstrated success.
- External sales experience preferredSKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND
- Customer/Patient-Focused: You start with the customer/patient
and work backwards. You invest the time and energy to understand
the customer's/patients' objectives, then tie all your activities
directly to the achievement of those objectives.
- Action-Oriented: You thrive as a self-starter who proactively
senses and responds to problems and opportunities and requires
- Collaborative: You love teamwork. Your colleagues love having
you on the team. You work well across functions and groups.
- An Effective Communicator: You write and speak clearly,
concisely and with a spirit of partnership. You actively inform and
inspire with your messaging. You speak plainly and are transparent
with your business colleagues.
- Energetic & Passionate: Your passion and energy for health and
well-being is deeply founded in your desire to help others and to
be a positive role model.
- Relationship Builder: You excel in getting people involved and
building a network of contacts that allow you to multiply your
influence on the organization.Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
or Professional Designations
- Must possess a valid and current driver's license and auto
insurance per Apria policy.
- May be required to drive personal vehicle.Computer Skills
- Intermediate skills in Access, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project,
Visio, WordLanguage Skills
- English (reading, writing, verbal)Mathematical Skills
- Intermediate level mathematical proficiency, with a strong
ability to understand, interpret and develop spreadsheet
data.PHYSICAL DEMANDSThis is a stationary position that requires
frequent sitting or standing, repetitive wrist motions, grasping,
speaking, listening, close vision, color vision, and the ability to
adjust focus. It also may require occasional lifting, carrying,
walking, climbing, kneeling, bending/stooping, twisting,
pulling/pushing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching above the
shoulder.This position also may require the occasional lifting of
equipment up to 50 lbs. OTHER INFORMATIONThe essential duties and
responsibilities, physical requirements, and work environment
described above are representative of those typically required for
this position but may vary depending on staffing and business needs
at specific locations. The inclusion or omission of a specific duty
or physical requirement is, therefore, not determinative of whether
that function is essential to a specific individual's position.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided to assist or enable
qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential
functions.Apria Healthcare is committed to hiring veterans and
Comprehensive benefits package offered for eligible employees:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Accounts and Healthcare Savings
- Life, AD&D and Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off, including Vacation, Personal Time, Paid Sick
Leave & Paid Holidays
- 401K Savings Plan (available immediately)
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Referral Reward Program
- Employee Discount Programs
- Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan (available
- We recognize our veterans by offering a company paid day off
for Veterans Day
- Career Advancement/ Development Opportunities
- Compensation is commensurate with experience
- Annual compensation is based on a 40 hour week
- This position is commission eligible
As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to providing
all applicants and employees with equal access to employment
opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national
origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information,
sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital
status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state, or local law. Apria Healthcare shall abide by the
requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These
regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals
on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require
affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors
to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans
and individuals with disabilities. AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and
Keywords: Apria, Indianapolis , Sales - Territory Manager, Sales , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!