Customer Service Representative
Posted on: January 17, 2022
Purpose of Job
Our growing business is looking for a skilled problem solver to
join our team as a Customer Service Representative. The Customer
Service Representative is the first point of contact for customers
and is responsible for resolving issues and requests reported in a
timely and professional manner. We are looking for enthusiastic
individuals who can listen to customer service issues and then
offer a unique and innovative solution to each problem. The
successful candidate for the role will have a strong command of the
company's customer service policies, and be well-trained in product
knowledge that can be critical for offering quick and accurate
assistance to customers.
- Answers incoming customer calls over the phone and/or via email
and social media regarding billing issues, product problems,
service questions, and general client concerns.
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of professionalism
with clients and working to establish a positive rapport with every
- Assist with placement of orders, refunds, or
- Update customer information in the customer service database
during and after each contact.
- Recommend potential products or services to management by
collecting customer information and analyzing customer needs.
- Work with the management team to stay updated on product
knowledge and be informed of any changes in company policies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing by impacting the
company's bottom line by problem-solving and turning frustrated
clients into repeat customers.
- The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to
be construed as all-encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities,
and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as
- High School diploma or GED required; Any college is a
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- 6 months -- 1 year of customer service experience.
- Schedule will include weekends and holidays. Peak season
overtime will be required.
- Ability to remain professional and courteous with customers at
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have strong computer skills, including but not limited to
MS Word and Outlook.
- Good listening skills.
- Ability to form partnership with department and gain intimate
knowledge of department operations.
- Detail-oriented, and self-motivated with desire to continuously
- Exhibit strong business curiosity and must be willing to
explore details to challenge the status quo.
- Ability to work both independently and with a team in a
collaborative work environment.
- Ability to treat all information confidentially.
- Typing skills and strong multi-tasking skills
- Adaptable and proactively able to move with change while
maintaining a positive attitude.
Essential Mental & Physical Function
Decisions have major implications on the management and operations
of an area within a department. The job may contribute to important
strategy, operational, and business decisions that affect the
department. This position establishes procedures for attaining
Physical Functions: Sitting is required 90% of the time. Walking
and standing required 5% of the time respectively. No heavy lifting
is required. Constant working on a computer.
- This position does not supervise any other employees
- Language Skills - Must be able to speak, read, write and
This is a work-at-home position.
Ability to maintain the required internet speed of at least 25 Mbps
(download) and 5 Mbps (upload) to support voice traffic, HTTPS web
traffic, VPN traffic using a hard-wire Ethernet internet connection
( WIFI is not recommended ). The following link can be used to test
home network speed: https://www.megapath.com/speedtestplus/
A smartphone that can install soft tokens for multi-factor
This position does not require any travel
Keywords: Newegg, Indianapolis , Customer Service Representative, Sales , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!