Manager - Sales
Posted on: November 26, 2022
As a Manager Sales, you will provide strategic direction and
progressive leadership to achieve sales and profit goals within a
region, specific line(s) of business or channels. You will design
and recommend sales and marketing programs and set short and
long-term sales strategies. You will manage a single location with
a total sales revenue of up to $50 million and manage a team of
- Develops and administers sales plans to ensure customer
satisfaction, assigned quota attainment, good reference accounts,
and highly skilled and motivated staff.
- Partners with Marketing to develop and implement sales
marketing programs and initiatives.
- Determines annual sales and gross profit plan by implementing
marketing strategies and analyzing trends and results.
- Establishes sales objectives by forecasting and developing
sales quota for territories.
- Projects expected sales volume and profit for existing and new
product lines and customers.
- Maintains sales volume, product mix and selling price by
keeping current with market supply and demand, changing trends,
economic indicators and competitors.
- Coordinates order service by directing account representatives
and executives on quotations, proposals, project order management
techniques, and customer complaint resolution.
- Establishes and adjusts billing margin by monitoring costs,
competition and market conditions and negotiating cost side
- Manages sales staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and
- Maintains sales staff results by coaching employees, planning,
monitoring and appraising job results.
- Develops and maintains relationships with top customers.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and
participating in professional societies.
- Forecasts and communicates intricate details to senior business
- interfaces with internal support departments to establish
positive customer experience.
- Partners with suppliers to maintain customer relationships,
provides training to staff, and executes marketing programs and
- Partners with various internal departments to troubleshoot
issues such as inventory and operationsQualifications:
- High School Degree or Equivalent required; Bachelors Degree -
Sales, Business Administration, Engineering, or relevant field
- Prior professional sales experience in related industry/3+
- Prior experience with managing a sales team or sales
- Working knowledge of business and management principles in
strategic planning, resource allocation and coordination of people
- Demonstrated verbal, written, analytical, persuasion and
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer
and personal services, including customer needs assessment, meeting
quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer
- Ability to exercise teamwork, leadership, and flexibility.
- Excellent time management and computer skills.
- 5 years related industry professional sales.
- 2 years managing staff and programs at national, district or
- Ability to travel up to 25%Working Environment: Outside Sales
Work is generally performed in an office environment, but employee
may need to travel to customer sites or warehouse facilities.
Driving may be required for an extended period of time with
frequent stops and starts. Can be exposed to outdoor weather
conditions.WESCO International, Inc., including its subsidiaries
and affiliates ("WESCO"), is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative
Action Employer. It is the policy of WESCO to not discriminate
against any job applicant or employee based on age, race, religion,
color, handicap, sex, physical condition, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran
status or any other protected status. This policy includes but is
not limited to the following: recruitment and employment,
promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training
including apprenticeship, layoff, or termination.#LI-KB1
Keywords: WESCO, Indianapolis , Manager - Sales, Sales , Greenfield, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!