P&C Field Underwriter, Home-based role
Company: Encova Insurance
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Encova Insurance has an immediate opening for a P&C Field
Underwriter in Indiana. This is a fully remote, home-based opening
but you must reside in Indiana, preferably central to northern
Indiana, and have the willingness to travel to agencies across the
state to develop new and existing relationships. We can hire at
multiple seniority levels depending on candidate qualifications.JOB
OBJECTIVE:Represent Encova Insurance and functions as the primary
relationship manager for assigned agents with a primary focus on
commercial lines. Responsible for achieving established growth and
profitability objectives.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:Agency Management
- Effectively manage assigned agents to help them build a
well-balanced book of commercial business and achieve established
growth and profitability goals.
- Support the development of all lines of business offered by the
Encova Group of companies, (commercial lines, workers'
compensation, personal lines, strategic accounts, life, brokerage
etc.). Assure underwriting, pricing, growth and profitability goals
for each are met.
- Develop, negotiate and execute business plans for selected
agencies in accordance with company underwriting and sales
- Monitor agent results (production, pricing, loss ratio, hit
ratio, etc.) for the purpose of managing performance and
developing/implementing corrective actions where necessary in
accordance with company underwriting standards and procedures.
- Collaborate and coordinate the activities of the underwriting
and support teams to facilitate the successful delivery and
execution of agency business plan goals.
- Lead the discussion for all assigned agents during the agency
review process and provide input to other primary agency managers
in your territory. Make recommendations related to agency
cancellations/termination actions where appropriate. Recommend new
agency appointments and Identify opportunities to review and
evaluate rollover books of business for acceptability.Underwriting
- Develop, underwrite, price and propose all commercial new
business with assigned agents with a focus on underwriting the more
complex or service sensitive mid-market accounts.
- Make consistent underwriting decisions; adhering to company
underwriting and pricing standards. Utilize the referral process
for support of decisions made outside assigned letters of
- Monitor risk selection, renewal retention and pricing decisions
of the assigned agents, both on a book of business basis and at the
individual account level.
- Perform inspections where appropriate and as determined by Loss
Control Guide. Make risk improvement recommendations and promptly
follow up on same, documenting underwriting file accordingly.
- Provide technical assistance to the agents for new business
risks, including coverage enhancements, policy provisions,
classifications, endorsements and rates.Training
- Coordinate new agent training with the assistance of the
Commercial and Personal Lines Divisions and Training and
Development department to allow the agency to become
self-sufficient and provide ease of doing business with
- Conduct/coordinate sales/training sessions and orientation of
new products/programs/systems for assigned agents.OTHER FUNCTIONS:
- Assist in the audit, loss control and risk retention
- Responsible for automobile travel within territory traveling to
agents' offices. Car travel represents approximately 50% of
- Monitor local marketplace, develop competitive intelligence,
and make recommendations regarding new and/or existing
- Communicate and collaborate with underwriting team to share
industry trends and feedback from agents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND
- Minimum 3 years of progressive commercial lines underwriting
experience preferably proficiency with underwriting middle market
- Working knowledge of commercial multi-line underwriting,
pricing and coverage for small and mid-market account
- Knowledge of effective sales/marketing and agency relationship
techniques; ability to partner with independent insurance
- Experience as a Field Underwriting Sales Manager in the
property/casualty insurance industry strongly preferred.This
position has been evaluated in accordance with the Americans with
Disabilities Act. Encova Insurance makes every effort to reasonably
accommodate disabilities to permit performance of the essential
functions and candidates who need such accommodation are encouraged
to seek it. This description reflects the nature and level of work
performed by associates in this position. It is not an
all-inclusive inventory of duties, responsibilities and
qualifications required. It provides an accurate overview of the
work and skills needed to perform this position. Because job
content may change from time to time, Encova Insurance reserves the
right to add and/or delete functions from this job as it deems
necessary for business reasons.Ready to join our team?
At Encova Insurance, we firmly believe that our associates drive
our company's success by delivering unrivaled service to our
customers. With success in mind, we make an ongoing effort to
provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and
financially rewarding opportunities.
Join us to discover a work experience where your diverse ideas will
be met with enthusiasm - where you can learn and grow to your
fullest potential.What you can expect from us
Join our family of industry leaders, and let us reward you with a
competitive salary, bonus and benefits package that includes but is
not limited to: a 401(k), wellness programs, bonus incentive plans
and flexible schedules, with an early close of the office every
Friday. Additionally, Encova aspires to be an outstanding corporate
citizen in all the markets we serve; we encourage and support
associate participation in community initiatives through our
Encova Insurance is an EOE/E-Verify employer.
Keywords: Encova Insurance, Indianapolis , P&C Field Underwriter, Home-based role, Other , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...