Operations Research Analyst
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Since 1975, Maximus has operated under its founding mission of
Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the
globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels
and across a variety of health and human services programs. Maximus
delivers innovative business process management and technology
solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and
higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and
efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000
employees worldwide, Maximus is a proud partner to government
agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia,
Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit
As a large employer and Federal contractor, Maximus is subject to
various vaccine mandates across our lines of business. Maximus is
committed to complying with any applicable vaccine mandates. The
specific vaccine requirements for this position will be outlined
throughout the selection process. Individuals who believe they may
qualify for a medical or religious accommodation will have the
opportunity to apply for an accommodation following an offer of
Operations Research Analyst
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:The Analyst - Operations
Research is a key contributor to production planning and process
optimization. The analyst assists in the development and
application of quantitative analytical methods, including modeling
and simulations; requirements analysis; trade-off and sensitivity
analysis; and optimization tools and techniques; as appropriate to
support decision making. For production planning, the analyst
strives to optimize the alignment of staff both long-term and
short-term with future workload demand by maintaining accurate call
center and operations forecasts. To achieve process optimization,
the analyst studies business processes to uncover operational
improvements through Business Process Management (BPM) methods. The
position closely collaborates with others to identify and solve a
variety of complex business problems and ensures standards, methods
and "best practices" are institutionalized to improve overall
- Maintain accurate forecasts to predict staff need under a
variety of intake volumes and conditions using data/statistical
analysis, simulation modeling and other mathematical methods.
- Forecast the feasibility of achieving monthly service level
targets on the basis of work volume and available resources, and
providing recommendations to ensure the targets are met.
- Analyze existing systems and organizational processes and make
recommendations to their design and behavior to improve service to
- Work closely with the Finance, Business, and Technical teams to
assist with aspects of annual and quarterly financial forecasts by
providing accurate forecast and assessment of work volumes and
resource needs for future quarters of the financial year.
- Write and make presentations to clients, often requiring clear
and persuasive explanation of complex processes to a non-technical
- Analyze data and other information in order to conceptualize
and define operational problems and/or improvement
- Develop an understanding of the MAXIMUS BPM framework to
define, optimize, automate and manage business processes to
identify key measures or indicators of process performance and the
actions needed to improve or correct performance.
- Oversee real time performance issues and implement contingency
actions in event of forecast deviating from the real time
- Develop, implement, and track staff retention activities across
multiple teams and locations
- Provide feedback, metrics, and operational data to support
staffing goals and expectations
Minimum Requirements & Additional Duties:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or
equivalent experience in lieu of a degree
- 2-3 years of experience performing quantitative and qualitative
analyses of existing business processes based on in-depth knowledge
of organizational and or client objectives.
- 2-3 years of effective application of relevant operational
data, retention data, forecasting, and workforce management
- Demonstrated ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced,
deadline-oriented work environment requiring juggling of multiple
- Knowledge of relational databases, business and management
principles involved in operational planning, resource allocation, ,
production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths
and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches
- Ability and desire to represent and explain complex models and
forecasting principals to program and operation staff and
front-line management in familiar and non-technical language.
- Ability to embrace Business Intelligence and Business Process
Management concepts, tools and intent
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or work
cooperatively in a technical team as required.
- Successfully work under standards-based performance measures
and ability to execute many complex tasks simultaneously.
- Exceptional proficiency in Microsoft office applications
- Possess superior oral and written communication skills.
- Must be self-starting, energetic, and motivated.
Additional Minimum Requirements:- 3+ years experience creating
technical documents.- 3+ years experience working with software
Preferred Requirements:- 3+ years of Medicaid Eligibility
Keywords: Maximus, Indianapolis , Operations Research Analyst, Professions , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!